WHY JOIN THE KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS? Click the video to start or stop.
Imagine being part of an organization that fills your heart and your mind with the joy of giving to others and the feeling that comes with making a difference. You will make lifelong friends.Why Join the Knights of Columbus? I don’t have time to join another organization; why should I join the Knights of Columbus? As a Knight you can choose the projects with which you wish to be involved in within your own community. What is more, the Order is dedicated to family life and the many benefits it offers. From insurance to scholarships to service and social activities and programs, all are open to the whole family.
YOU determine how much time you can devote – a few hours a year or a few hours a month.
FAITH: Grow in your faith. Support your parish. Help with your parish fiesta. Knights become better Catholics.
FAMILY: We have many family activities each year such as picnics, council breakfasts, coats for kids and others. Give back to your community. Show your children how to make a difference.
FRIENDSHIP: You will meet like-minded men and make life-long friendships.
FUN: Have fun with your family and brother knights. See the smiles on the faces of those we help. Special Olympics, Food for Families, Habitat for Humanity and other activities.
Please contact us for more information. CLICK HERE
- COLUMBIAMAGAZINE – Free subscription to the Order’s monthly magazine examining issues of concern to Knights, Catholics and families.
- KNIGHTS of COLUMBUS ROSARY – Blessed by the supreme chaplain, presented during the First Degree exemplification to each new member.
- DAILY MASS OF REMEMBRANCE AT ST. MARY’S CHURCH – Mass for deceased members and their wives, and deceased members of the Squires program, at birthplace of the Order.
- INSURANCE – Portfolio of top-quality life insurance, long-term care, and annuity products exclusively for members and their families.
- FAMILY FRATERNAL BENEFIT – For eligible families: a) Pays $1,500 for the child who dies before the age of 61 days; b) Pays $750 for the child who is stillborn at least 20 weeks after conception; c) Offers guaranteed-issue insurance up to $5,000 to any child under age 18.
- ORPHAN BENEFIT – $80 monthly allotment for orphans of eligible families; up to $7,000 in college scholarships available.
- MEMBER/SPOUSE FRATERNAL BENEFIT – Accidental death coverage for member and spouse at no cost.
- WIDOW BENEFITS – a) Continues to be covered under the Member/Spouse Fraternal Benefit; b) May purchase life insurance, long-term care insurance, or annuities up to one year after insured member’s death; c) Receives a free lifetime subscription toColumbia; d) Eligible with her children for scholarships, student loans, etc.
- SCHOLARSHIPS – Scholarship programs for higher education available to members, their spouses and children.
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT – Opportunity to build personal leadership skills, public speaking ability, organization skills, etc.
- FOURTH DEGREE – Eligibility to join the “Patriotic Degree.”
- HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP at Age 70 with 25 years of membership.
- MEMBERSHIP CARD – Entitles participation in all Catholic, fraternal and social activities in nearly 13,000 councils throughout the world.
- ACTIVITIES – FAMILY/YOUTH/RELIGIOUS/SOCIAL/ATHLETIC – Participation in a variety of programs and activities conducted by local councils.